Time: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Lab Hours: Classroom Hours: 8
Total Hours: 8
You must have your Class A Commercial Driver’s License
Instruction Permit and your DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate
before scheduling a test.
A CDL road test can be scheduled by
contacting one of our Third Party Testers, Todd Liebelt or Daniel
Sperberg at the Joseph J. Goetz Training Center in Coloma.
Call the Training Center at (800) 779-2173.
FOR MEMBERS OF LOCAL 139 ONLY
Commercial Driver’s License information
Below you will find a link to the Wisconsin Department of Motor Vehicles website. This link will enable you to download the books you will need to study for the written test and for your road
test. (The DOT no longer prints these books).
Before you go to take the written test make sure you have a current “FED-MED Card.”
Available through your doctor.
Complete the following Written tests at the DMV:
- Open link for Online Services
- On left in Green Box, click, Forms, Manuals and publications.
- Open the first link, “Drivers forms, manuals and publications.”
- Under Handbooks, open “Wisconsin Commercial Driver’s Manual Volume 1
- The link is a PDF (Adobe Acrobat) file that you may download and print.
After successfully passing your written test and receiving your “Temps”: Call the Coloma Training Center – 715-228-4911 to schedule training/testing for your road test.
MINIMUM 48-HOUR NOTICE REQUIRED
Bring your “Temps” and your “FED-MED card” with you to the training site. After successfully completing the road test return to the DMV to obtain your license.
- General knowledge
- Class A – Combination Vehicle
- Air Brakes
Obtaining a CDL
Equipment Required: None